POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
FOR ALL SERVICES & EVENTS WITH or AT
FAMILY OF LIGHT HOLISTIC CENTER
To ensure a high quality of our Services, Peaceful & Supportive Ambiance, as well as high level of Commitment & Ethics within our community, as well as between members, practitioners, and other Representatives of Family of Light Holistic Center, we have stringent Policies and Procedures. Such Policies and Procedures ensures for our clients, members and representatives as well as for Family of Light Holistic Center can enjoy a safe space that is free from Slander, Accusations, etc.
Please carefully read all the terms and conditions of this contract detailed below before purchasing any service with Family of Light Holistic Center or Family Of Light LLC (hereinafter, “Company”) and/or its partners, agents, employees, owners, employees, consultants, etc. (hereinafter, “Representatives”) For and in consideration for being permitted to participate in any workshops, services, sessions, classes, coaching, appointments, events, etc (hereinafter, "Services") you have selected with Company, you (the undersigned/member/client) agree to accept and be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein.
1. PAYMENT TERMS & DETAILS: By making any payment you are agreeing to all these terms and conditions.
a.Total Payment: The Total Payment is due minimum 24 hours prior to the service date or as specified on the Website or in a personal email sent to you with a payment plan overview (the “Payment Due Date”). IF COMPANY DOES NOT RECEIVE YOUR TOTAL PAYMENT ON OR BEFORE THE PAYMENT DUE DATE, COMPANY MAY CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT WITHOUT NOTICE. Any deposits or payments already made will not be refunded.
b.Deposit: Your Deposit is non-refundable, with no exceptions, no credits and no discounts. Your deposit may NOT be transferred to another participant’s registration. No refunds, no store credits, no exceptions.
c.Payment plan: By making the deposit you are agreeing to follow the payment plan outlined for you and will make all payments on time.
d.Fess & taxes: Prices do not include processing fees and taxes and these must be paid as an extra.
2. RIGHT OF REFUSAL: The "Company" and any of its "Representatives" have 100% right to refuse services or not complete the services to anyone who is under the influence of drugs, alcohol, exhibits behavior, and/or anyone that is displaying inappropriate, threatening or unstable behavior and/ or creating slander, defaming, blaming or accusations, intentionally and unintentionally, directly or indirectly as perceived by the "Company" or by its "Representatives". The Company and its Representatives have a right to interview and pre-qualify clients or members or participants who want to sign up for any Service.
3. HEALTH HISTORY:
The company and its representatives hold a right to ask and receive information about all current & prior health or medical history and personal aspects directly or indirectly related to the services.
After Company receives your Registration Materials, you will receive a confirmation about the Appointment or Event. Thereafter, we may send to you, and you consent to receive, a correspondence related to the Event and the Company. It is your responsibility to check your email for any emails with notifications and we are not obligated to follow up via telephone to check if you have received the emails.
5. PAYMENT TERMS:
a.Total Payment: The Total Payment is due in full minimum of 24 hours prior to the service specified on the Website or in a personal email/phone call to you with a payment plan overview (the “Payment Due Date”). IF COMPANY DOES NOT RECEIVE YOUR TOTAL PAYMENT ON OR BEFORE THE PAYMENT DUE DATE, COMPANY MAY CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT WITHOUT NOTICE. Any deposits or payments already made will be refunded based on decisions made by the company and/ or its Representatives.
b.Deposit: Your Deposit is non-refundable, with no exceptions, no credits and no credits. Your deposit may NOT be transferred to another participant’s registration or to a different SERVICE OR EVENT. No refund, no store credits, no exceptions.
c.Payment plan: By making the deposit payment you are agreeing to follow the payment plan outlined for you and will make all payments on time.
d.Fess & taxes: Prices do not include processing fees and taxes and these must be paid as an extra.
6. CHANGES OR CANCELLATION.
a.Changes: Company reserves the right to make changes to any and all aspects of the service (which may include without limitation changes to the types and/or timing of activities available during the service, items and/or services included with the description, the itinerary, and/or the nature of the services or events) if, in Company’s sole discretion, Company deems it necessary to do so due to conditions that may be hazardous, dangerous, or otherwise adverse or threatening, if an act or omission of a third party prevents any such aspects of the Retreat or any portion of the Retreat, or for any other reason considered commercially necessary by Company. You will not be eligible for any refunds of any amounts based on any such changes to the Retreat.
b. Cancellations By Company. Company reserves the right to cancel your reservation if your Total Payment is not received on or before the Payment Due Date and you will not be eligible for any refunds of any amounts.
Company further reserves the right to cancel the service or event prior to the Departure Date in the event an insufficient number of registrants are confirmed for the Retreat or for any other commercial reason in Company’s sole discretion and, in such an event, you will receive a full refund of the amount you remitted to Company, but in no event will Company be responsible for any other amount, including preparation costs, airfare, travel documents, or any other Losses or claimed damages.
c.Cancellations By You: All cancellations by you must be in writing and emailed to Company at the contact email address specified on the Website. If cancellation takes place prior to the Payment Due Date, any payments made by you till that date will not be refunded, including and not limited to your non-refundable Deposit. If cancellation takes place after Payment Due Date, you owe the entire amount due till that date to our Company.
d.Effect of Changes or Cancellation. In the event of any change or cancellation under this Section 7, you acknowledge that you will have no right of refund of the Total Payment whether in whole or in part,and no right to claim compensation for any Liabilities incurred and/or sustained by virtue of any change or cancellation.
7. PHOTOS, VIDEO, OTHER MEDIA RELEASE: By and in consideration for being permitted to participate in the Retreat, you irrevocably grant Company and its agents and representatives all rights to use, reproduce, display, exhibit, publish, distribute, and/or produce derivative works based on your image, photograph, likeness, and voice as recorded by any camera and/or on any video, audio, and/or other media (collectively, “Likeness”) worldwide, in perpetuity, without compensation, payment, or other additional consideration of any kind, for any lawful purpose, including without limitation for marketing and trade purposes. You agree that your image/ photograph may be used, reproduced, displayed, exhibited, published, edited, or distributed by Company at its sole discretion. You understand that your Likeness may be used in various publications, promotional or marketing materials, and/or social media, unrestricted by time or geographic area and consent to such uses. You further understand and grant permission to Company and its agents and representatives to electronically display any images of you on the Internet or in other public settings. You hereby waive the right to inspect or approve any and all materials in which your image may appear. You further waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of your image. This release applies to all photographic, audio, and/or video recordings collected as part of, in connection with, and/or during the Retreat (by Company or any third party). There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation on where materials including your image may be used, reproduced, displayed, exhibited, published, and/or distributed by or on behalf of Company.
8. VOLUNTARY PARTICIPATION IN STRENUOUS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES: You acknowledge that you are voluntarily participating in the Retreat with Company, which may include strenuous physical, emotional or mental activity including but not limited to walking, running, hiking, dancing, climbing, swimming, jumping, yoga, meditation, energy work, retreats, and various other exercises or activity (“Activity”). You acknowledge that you are fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with participation in the services and/or engaging in "Activity", which may or may not include the risk of serious injury (e.g., heart attacks, muscle strains, pulls, tears, broken bones, shin splints, emotional dis-balances, and other illnesses) or death, and you hereby elect to voluntarily participate in such "Activities" as part of the Service. All participation is events is mandatory.
9. HEALTH AND FITNESS ELIGIBILITY. You represent that you are over the age of eighteen (18) and are healthy, in good physical and mental health, and are at a level appropriate to participate in, and are fully capable of participating in the services. You further represent that you do not suffer from any medical conditions or disabilities that may restrict, limit, prevent, or preclude your participation in the services, including any Physical Activities or "Activity". You have consulted with your physician and your physician has authorized you to participate in the services, including any "Activity". You will discuss and address any questions or concerns you may have about your physical or mental health with the appropriate health care professional prior to the event date. Documentation from your physician confirming your clearance to participate in the Retreat can be requested by Company or its Representatives. If, at any time, you have any doubts about your physical condition or fitness to participate in any aspect of the Services or Events, you will cease participation in the same and seek appropriate medical attention. YOU ARE HEREBY ADVISED THAT THE Services & Events MAY TAKE PLACE IN REMOTE AREAS WHERE THERE IS LITTLE OR NO ACCESS TO TRADITIONAL MEDICAL SERVICES OR HOSPITAL FACILITIES FOR SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUES (OR YOUR PARTICULAR HEALTH ISSUES). YOU ARE FURTHER ADVISED THAT ANY MEDICAL OR EVACUATION EXPENSES WILL BE YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY. As a result, we strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance with appropriate coverage for your needs. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to refuse your participation in the Services & Events, any Classes, Activities, etc due to medical, fitness, or other grounds before, during or in middle of the Retreat. Company also reserves the right to deny participation in the Retreat or any related activities at any time to individuals demonstrating behavior that may result in injury to themselves or others.
10. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: You understand that any and all accidents, injuries, etc may occur during Physical, Mental or other Activities, including but not limited to yoga, meditation, coaching, mentoring, etc are 100% responsibility and liability of the participant. It is your own responsibility to familiarize yourself with all possible relevant information in connection with your participation in the Events or Services. Understanding and in full consideration of the foregoing, you agree to solely and exclusively assume full and complete responsibility for and the risks inherent to the services and events which may include injury, death, property damage, and/or any other kind of Liability, whether foreseen or unforeseen, which may occur during your participation in the services and events. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR DECISION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SERVICES & EVENTS IS MADE IN FULL CONSIDERATION OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION AND THAT YOU SOLELY AND EXCLUSIVELY ASSUME THE RISKS INVOLVED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE SERVICES OR EVENTS. IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LIABILITIES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE RETREAT.
11. WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE. IN CONSIDERATION FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE SERVICES & EVENTS, YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, MEMBERS, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, PARTNERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, GUIDES, AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES (EACH A “COMPANY PARTY” AND COLLECTIVELY, THE “COMPANY PARTIES”) FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, AND/OR LOSSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY EXEMPLARY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, MEDICAL EXPENSES, LOST WAGES/INCOME, LOSS OF SERVICES, LOST PROFITS, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PAIN, ILLNESS, AND DEATH) (COLLECTIVELY “LIABILITIES”) WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR TRAVEL TO AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE RETREAT AND/OR ANY ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LIABILITIES ARE CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY COMPANY PARTY OR OTHERWISE, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ANY COMPANY PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LIABILITIES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW. You have been advised and urged to obtain travel insurance to cover against Liabilities resulting from trip cancellation or interruption, weather, natural disaster, strike, illness, job reasons, accident, sickness, evacuation, per-existing medical conditions, delays, loss, theft, and other Liabilities associated with your participation in the Services & Events. You acknowledge that whether or not you elect to purchase or not purchase travel insurance, you will not look to any of the Company Parties for reimbursement for any Liabilities suffered or occurring during your travel and/or participation in the Retreat.
12. INDEMNITY: YOU FURTHER HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION COURT COSTS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES) THAT ONE OR MORE OF THE COMPANY PARTIES MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE RETREAT, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY COMPANY PARTY OR OTHERWISE (BUT EXCLUDING ANY GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF A COMPANY PARTY), TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
13. BINDING EFFECT: It is your express intent that this Agreement shall bind the members of your family and spouse, if you are alive, and your heirs, assigns and personal representative, if you are deceased, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE any of the Company Parties or the Company.
a. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Company, and supersedes any prior agreement, regarding the subject matter herein. You acknowledge and represent that no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from those set forth herein, have been made to you by any Company Party.
b. Force Majeure. If Company is prevented (directly or indirectly) from performing any of its obligations under this agreement by reason of any Act of God, strike, trade dispute, fire, inclement weather, breakdown, interruption of transportation networks/means, government or political action, acts of war or terrorism, acts or omissions of a third party, or for any other cause whatsoever outside of Company’s reasonable control, COMPANY WILL BE UNDER NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER TO YOU AND MAY, AT COMPANY’S SOLE DISCRETION, BY WRITTEN NOTICE TO YOU, EITHER CANCEL THE RETREAT PURSUANT TO SECTION 7 OR TAKE ANY OTHER REASONABLE ACTION.
c. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction. You irrevocably agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, that any mediation, suit, or other proceeding must be filed or entered solely and exclusively in Brooklyn, New York and that the federal or state courts located in Brooklyn, New York and any courts of appeal therefrom shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising under or in connection with this Agreement (including any disputes as to this Agreement’s existence or validity). You waive any objection (on the grounds of lack of jurisdiction, forum non-convenient, or otherwise) to the exercise of jurisdiction by such courts.
d. Interpretation. You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement, including the releases and waivers of liability herein, are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by applicable law.
e. Severability. If any portion(s) of this document is/are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, invalid, or unenforceable, such portion(s) shall be interpreted and/or reformed without further action of the parties hereto to render them valid and enforceable when applied to the facts at issue and the lawfulness, validity, and enforceability of such provision(s) as applied to any other facts, and the lawfulness, validity, or enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall in no way be affected or impaired thereby.
f. Waiver. The failure or delay by Company to enforce or exercise any provisions of this Agreement shall not constitute or be deemed a waiver of such provision or any other provisions herein. Furthermore, any waiver or breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not amount to a waiver of any other provision.
g. Headings. The headings in this Agreement are for convenience only and in no way define, limit, or describe the scope or intent of any provisions herein.
15. YOUR LIABILITY:
YOU ARE AWARE OF THE POTENTIAL DANGERS INCIDENTAL TO PARTICIPATING IN THE SERVICES & EVENTS, AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS IS A CONSENT, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A WAIVER OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHT TO COLLECT DAMAGES IN THE EVENT OF INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY, WHICH CREATES A CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND COMPANY. BY YOUR SIGNATURE BELOW, IT IS YOUR INTENTION TO EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND ANY OTHER LIABILITY UPON YOURSELF, TO THE EXCLUSION OF COMPANY AND ALL COMPANY PARTIES, AND TO EXEMPT COMPANY AND ALL COMPANY PARTIES FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, DEATH, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITIES.
Partial attendance, late arrivals, early departures or any other form of partial attendance are not permitted and no refunds, no credits, etc. will be entertained to ensure that the energetic integrity and team spirit are fully kept intact.
17. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & CONSENT TO RECEIVE SERVICES:
a. By making a payment for a Service you agree that the Company and its Representatives have disclosed to you sufficient information to enable you to decide to undergo or forgo the services offered. You have considered all of the above information and have obtained whatever information or professional advice you deem necessary to make an informed decision.
b. By making a payment you understand the offered services are solely as a complementary and alternative health care support and your relationship with the Company & Representatives is not to be construed as medical treatment, psychotherapy, psychological counseling, or any type of therapy or medical treatment, nor is it a substitute for these services.
c. Due to experimental nature of the Energy Methods, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with using the Energy Methods. You acknowledge that Company & Representatives have discussed it with you and you understand, and agree to to all the Policies & Procedures.
d. You understand it is your responsibility to maintain a relationship with a health care professional. Further, you understand your consent to the nature of our sessions is given voluntarily, without coercion, and may be withdrawn at any time in the future. You represent that you are competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of the proposed sessions and agree to be personally responsible for the fees related thereto.
e. You have discussed with the Company & its Representatives the nature of the services to be provided and you understand that they are not licensed, registered, or certified health care provider in the State of New York. You agree and understand that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law.
f. By making a payment for the services, you knowingly, voluntarily, and intelligently assume these risks and risks and agree to irrevocably release, indemnify, hold harmless and defend Family of Light Holistic Center, Family of Light LLC, and its agents, partners, consultants, representatives, consultants, employees, representatives, etc from and against any and all claims of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any loss, damage, or injury, including but not limited to, financial, personal, emotional, psychological, medical, or otherwise which you may incur arising at any time out of on in connection with your sessions.
18. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
When using the Energy Methods you understand Company & its Representatives are not “diagnosing” or “treating” the physical body, which is the domain of the medical field and other allied health care professionals. You understand there is a distinction between “healing” using the Energy Methods and the practice of medicine or any other licensed health care practice. Further, you understand the services offered and the use of the Energy Methods are not intended to be a substitute for medical or psychological treatment and they do not replace the services of health care professionals. You agree and understand it is your responsibility to consult with your health care provider for any specific health care problems. Further, you understand Company & its Representatives may suggest you contact your professional health care provider if they believe it’s advisable. In addition, you understand that any information shared during the services is not to be considered a recommendation that you stop seeing any of your health care professionals or using prescribed medication, if any, without consulting with your health care professional, even if after working together it appears and indicates that such medication or treatment is unnecessary.
19. SERVICES OFFERED:
a. The services offered are a complementary and alternative health care practitioner under New York's Natural Health Care Consumer Protection Act. Company & its Representatives work with clients in a number of areas, including, overall health support, life issues, business consulting, as well as but not limited to energy and spiritual wellness.
b. The goal is to help clients and members to align with their highest potential using intuitive skills to help turn struggles and challenges into new learning and growth opportunities. The focus with a client is to work with the whole person, using a variety of complementary and alternative approaches. c. The approaches used are primarily based on the newly emerging field of Energy Healing and include but are not limited to, intuitive wellness coaching, intuitive channeling and past life readings, Reiki energy healing, energy-based consciousness techniques, etc.
d. You can only use these techniques on personal self development and support and are in no way qualified to use it on others. All the tools and techniques provided to you are a copyright of the Company & its Representatives and any use of them outside of your personal self-development will be
e. The Energy Methods are designed to assess where the body’s energies are blocked or not in harmony and then correct and balance the flow of these energies thereby aligning the body’s energies to boost health, vitality, and restore the body’s natural energies. With the Energy Methods, the Company & its representatives assess the energetic impact of how thoughts, beliefs, and emotions can influence the health, well-being & success of the client.
f. The prevailing premise of the Energy Methods is that the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and subtler energies are important for physical, spiritual, and emotional health, and for fostering well-being. With any of the approaches used by the Company & its Representatives, you will be encouraged to ask questions and provide information during the session as to how you are feeling and what you are experiencing.
g. If you ever have questions or concerns about the nature of the theories and methods used, please feel free to ask before making the payment.
h. Although the Energy Methods appear to have promising emotional, mental, spiritual and physical support and benefits, they have yet to be fully researched by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities. Therefore, the Energy Methods may be considered experimental and the extent of their effectiveness, as well as their risks and benefits, are not fully known.
20. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP:
Please be advised that all the services provided are solely as complementary and alternative health care practitioner. You should discuss any recommendations made during your session with your primary care physician, obstetrician, physician, obstetrician, gynecologist, oncologist, cardiologist, pediatrician, or other board-certified physician. The Energy Methods are self-regulated and the State of New York does not license, certify, or register energy healing, complementary or alternative health care practitioners. While the Company & its Representative have extensive experience as healing arts practitioners, they are not psychologists, psychotherapists, physicians, or other licensed health care professionals. Under New York's Natural Health Care Consumer Protection Act, we can offer the services subject to the requirements and restrictions that are fully described therein.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
717 CONEY ISLAND AVE, BROOKLYN NY 11223
Between Ave C & Cortelyou Rd, Ditmas Park Area
Public Transport: Q, F Trains , B68 Bus